Thursday, April 30, 2009

What should a news source do?

A news source should at least do what it sounds like: give out news. It should inform the public of what is happening when, where and how. Depending on what kind of news source it is, it should be local or national. This way, people will be able to figure out what is happening with the country as well as where their own home is.
I feel the media is doing a good job of this. Newspapers cover a good portion of everything that is happening locally and nationally. If a person wants to only look into certain topics, a magazine will go more in depth of the topic and give more examples. Print media is important no matter what.
I will not say, however, that print media is the only way to receive news. There is always the internet, gatherings, and by word of mouth. It would not b the end of the world if print media was lost over time. People will have found new ways to gather information, and the new ways will probably be just as informative as they are now.
Even though non-print information is useful, I guess I'm just old fashioned when I prefer to read a hard copy of something. Even though I am a computer nerd, I would prefer to get away from the screen when I am going to read something like news. Nothing like a Sunday morning when I'm scanning the paper over a bowl of Cherrios.

No comments:

Post a Comment